- What Are the Best Recording Headphones?
- Classy Studio Headphones – the Ultimate Reviews and Buying Guide
- Dj Headphones – How to Pick the Best?
Top 5 Best Studio Headphones under $100
Look around you. Whether you are in the public places or you’re just there in your home reading this post, you probably have headphones in sight. This is because we all want an oasis of privacy, aren’t we?
This is true to us humans especially when it comes to the most delicious spices of life – the music. There is no doubt that music makes us happier, better and more productive and headphones is a fundamental shift in human’s basic relationship to it. Headphones give us full control when it comes to our audio environment; it makes our public spaces privatized.
And because of our love for music, the music studios were born. This is where you can find different quality, comfortable and efficient headphones. The purpose? To provide concentration while producing private sound in the ear of listeners.
If you want to buy your own pair or you want to build your own studio room, you need to spend various dollars in order to get those quality headphones. Risking your budget is truly hard. But there is one thing to solve the problem – the best studio headphones under $100 (Prices are based on the date the article is published). You don’t deserve to make pretty bad mistakes. Get high-quality with excellent ergonomics and durability headphones now!
How to Pick the Best
Some of the steps worth considering before picking the best studio headphones are:
+ TYPE OF EAR – CUPS: The design of the ear – cup is a major factor before choosing to buy the best studio headphones. Ear – cups provide effective sound isolation. Therefore, they are considered to be the important parameters.
+ THE RESPONSE OF FREQUENCY: The ability of the headphones to produce clear sound depends on the range of the operating frequency.
+ OTHER FACTORS: Some of the other factors to be considered are the headphone sensitivity, overall comfort, price, etc.
Tips for Buying
The positives and negatives of the above – mentioned headphones are listed below. You might consider going through these before deciding to buy the best studio headphones for just below $100.
AKG K240 Amazing studio quality sound, Great and crystal clear bass response Replacement cable is slightly expensive Sony MDR-7506 Comfortable, great sound isolation, professional sound A little bit floppy at first Sennheiser HD280 Pro Lightweight, dynamic, compact, robust construction Plastic construction Audio-Technica ATH–M40x Excellent sound isolation, outstanding comfort, extreme convenience Other cables are not allowed Shure SRH440 Crisp sound, stylish, last longer, great performance A little bit heavy
Review of the Top 5 Best Studio Headphones under $100
Getting the best studio headphones under $100 can be a kind of confusing act and proves to be a really difficult task because of two main reasons: first, headphones at this price seems to have low quality. Second, if there are good headphones at this range then where are we going to find them? To break that confusedness and to make your life easier, 5 of the best headphones are summarized as follows:
Top 5 of the Most Affordable Studio Headphones
1 – AKG K240
- Precision listening
- Accurate mixing
- Perfect mastering and playback
- Long working sessions
- Any professional audio applications
The price is highly affordable. For less than $100 you can have the finest headphones you ever dream of without sacrificing a bunch of cash.
- Varimotion 30 mm XXL transducer for signal transfer precision and for great dynamic range
- Over-ear designed to give you coziness for long hours of use
- Self-adjusted headband to provide most favorable fit
- Semi-open technology to produce solid bass and crystal clear highs
- Replaceable cable for easiness of use
The AKG K240 uses Varimotion technology for bass response enhancement. It has around-the-ear pads designed to provide comfort for long hours of use with steel cable and self-adjustable headband construction for any professional application demand. There is no any bad odor involve.
You can expect for the product to last. It has unique features that will truly give your money a worth.
- Amazing studio quality sound
- Great and crystal clear bass response
- Easy to use
- Slightly expensive replacement cable
Prices/ Reviews: AKG K240
2 – SONY MDR7506
- Travel pleasures
- Monitoring professional field recordings
- Accurate hearing
- Precise source representation
- High-quality sound application
Sony MDR7506 headphones provide you a cost that is fairly affordable. For under $100 you can surely have one for your own or recording studio use. The price is truly reasonable.
- Coiled cord for flexible use
- Around-the-air or closed-air design for tight bass response and for eliminating external noise
- Flat response for accurate hearing
- Gold-plated connectors to prevent rust and corrosion
- Foldable phones and soft case for easy storage
The Sony MDR-7506 headphones are outstandingly popular in pro and home recording studios because of its size, lightness, rugged design and sounds pretty good as well. It is extremely effective for radio recording, film production, electronic news gathering and any high-quality sound application. It is great in isolating outside noise at the same time.
The product is proven to be long-lasting. This is a kind of headphone that is a perfect combination of price, performance, utility, and durability in any form. There are many multiple 5 stars for Sony MDR-7506.
- Better sounding
- Budget friendly
- Classic look
- Excellent build quality
- Best seller headphone
- Tough professional headphone
- A little bit floppy
- Unusual clean, deep and extended bass response
- Size issue
Prices/ Reviews: SONY MDR7506
3 – SENNHEISER HD280 PRO
- Music listening
- Audio recording
- Accurate sound reproduction
- Longer time usage
- Traveling and portable devices
For under $100, the price is amazing for its quality. It is very comfortable and you can wear it for several hours. The SENNHEISER HD280 PRO is really the best bang for the buck.
- Closed-dynamic stereo headphones
- Ergonomic design
- Dynamic, lightweight and comfortable
- Optimum impedance for the perfect universal compatibility
- Space-saving design that features collapsible and rotating ear cups
- Compatible even for latest gadgets
- Extended frequency response with warm, natural sound reproduction
The HD280 Pro is one of the most in demand professional headphones airing in the market today. It is a closed, around the ear headphone that is being used by different users for multiple years already. It boasts extremely robust construction merged with the sound quality, modular design and aggressive noise isolation. It produces deep head vibrating bass with foldable design for compact storage.
There is no issue with the smell and the look is no doubt pretty good. The product can stand over 5 years or more depending on how you use it.
- Great sound isolation
- Reasonable value
- Easy to carry
- Easy to use
- Plastic construction
Prices/ Reviews: SENNHEISER HD280 PRO
4 – AUDIO TECHNICA ATH – M40x
- Proficient audio monitoring
- Accurate mixing across a wide frequency range
- Music studio use
The price of AUDIO TECHNICA ATH–M40x is about 2x cheaper than the other brand but have pretty much the same tech. So this kind is highly capable of beating other kind for a budget-friendly cost.
- Robust construction
- Cutting edge engineering
- 40 mm drivers with exceptional earth magnets
- Copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Professional grade ear pad and headband for durability and comfort
- Space-saving portability
- Removable cable
- Different color options
The AUDIO TECHNICA ATH–M40x is a pair of professional headphone ideal for audio monitoring. It is a tuned flat to offer incredibly precise monitoring with a superior sound isolation for an enhanced experience. It has swiveling ear cups for more convenient use and for a more compact traveling arrangement.
By having these professional monitor headphones, you can have extraordinary studio tracking, mixing and DJ monitoring as well. There is no record of bad odor and irritating effect on the ear. AUDIO TECHNICA ATH–M40x is proven to have a long lifespan.
- Excellent sound quality
- Very comfortable
- Highly durable
- Superior sound isolation
- No mic or remote
- Not bass-heavy
- Opt for separate case
- Other cables are not allowed
Prices/ Reviews: AUDIO TECHNICA ATH – M40x
5 – SHURE SRH440
- Studio monitoring
- DJ mixing
- Excellent noise isolation
- Exceptional sound production
If you are looking for headphones that provide great volumes with very reasonable prices, this pair is great. To get a truly best one you do not have to spend a lot.
- Closed-back design for superior sound isolation
- Foldable phone construction
- Swivel ear cups for easy single-ear monitoring
- Thick round-ear cushions for long lasting comfort
- Gold plated plug with adapter (1/4 inch) for wide compatibility
- Detachable coiled cable
- Large drivers for clear, detailed audio
- Carrying bag included for easy storage
If you are the type of person who wants to hear every detail of sound, getting some pairs of SHURE SRH440 can be the best idea. It is very much splendid and has done a very high-quality job of blending terrific performance for a highly affordable cost. This type of headphone is suitable for either portable or home use.
This headphone does not provide smelly odor. The texture is smooth and the look is good. The headphone uses quality materials and ergonomics; therefore, you are rest assured for its long product life. The SHURE SRH440 will surely provide a fabulous return on your headphone investment.
- Clear and crisp sound
- Very comfortable
- Affordable price
- Stylish and robust construction
- Easy storage
- Lacking bass issue
- A little bit heavy
Prices/ Reviews: SHURE SRH440
We can’t deny the fact that headphones of any types truly change the world because they are the music’s best buddy. Either we are a music producer or not, we all love a pair of incredible headphones but finding them can be tricky. This buying guide is made to help you find the best studio headphones under $100 that can truly make your world change.
- How to Buy Best Studio Headphones under $50 – Your Detailed Guide
- How to Pick the Best Studio Headphones under $200 – Detailed Buying Guide
- How to Pick the Best Condenser Microphone under 100 – 2017 Detailed Buying Guide